The views expressed in the posts and comments of CLIQ101 do not necessarily reflect those of the New York City Dept. of Ed. or any other entity that Alex Jimenez, M. Ed. might be affiliated with. They should be understood as the personal opinions of the author, guest contributors, or our readership.
- Alex Jiménez, M. Ed. is not compensated in any way by the companies whose products are mentioned in CLIQ101.
- Teachers should comply with their school district’s Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) when trying out any of the ed tech ideas or suggestions offered by CLIQ101. This includes, but is not limited to, the obtaining of parental permission, student use of equipment, and publication of student likenesses and work.
- Teachers should become familiar with copyright law as it pertains to students publishing products online, especially when dealing with the music, art, videos, etc. of others. We advise attaching a disclaimer either at the beginning or end of the work similar to the following:
“All clips and images captured in this work are intended for education purposes only.”
- Take all necessary precautions to ensure the protection of your students as they use the Internet. Before allowing students the opportunity to access websites related to a project, perform due diligence and skim the site yourself.
- All descriptions of websites and tools on CLIQ101 were correct at the time the article was published on CLIQ101. An addendum to the original article will be posted if the tool has evolved to the point where the original article is no longer valid. We welcome our audience to submit updates or corrections as comments to the given article as well, or write to Alex at alex@CLIQ101.com.