CLIQ101’s Guest Post Guidelines
If you’d like to submit a guest post for potential publication, more power to ‘ya! Thanks for thinking of us – we really appreciate your willingness to help us cultivate the quality and reach of CLIQ101. But first, be sure to read the following guidelines and become familiar with them. The chances of your guest post being approved are directly related to how closely you adhere to these guidelines below.
Your Post Should Be Relevant
Teachers often feel overwhelmed and pressed for time. CLIQ101 saves teachers time by offering easy, simple ideas for using technology in the classroom. That’s why your guest post should hit upon one of the following:
- ways to advance teachers’ digital skills in simple-to-follow steps
- fresh, innovative ideas to engage learners using the most compelling web tools
- breaking news to stay abreast of the latest buzz in instructional technology
- best practices for ed techies of all levels and abilities
- some other specific topic related to education technology that will be relevant and useful to CLIQ101’s readership
Your Post Should Be Well Written
We’re picky. We have to be, because our audience relies on us to deliver only the best.
Here are some tips to help:
- Demonstrate good command of language, grammar, punctuation, clarity, style and tone.
- Run your content through a spell check, and try to catch all the typos.
- Use an outline, and structure your post well. Use sub-headers, bullet points, or other formatting tools to get your message across
as clearly as possible.
- Wrap it up nicely. Please end your post with a good bang that encourages conversation and commentary from the readership.
- For SEO purposes, please submit a minimum of 300 words, but try not to exceed 500 words, if possible. Brevity is key.
- You may optionally provide up to three byline links: one for your website, one for your bio page, and one for your social media contact
(Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, other).
- Read the following tips from some expert bloggers who’ve been there. We think this will be very helpful to you
especially if you’re a blogging newbie.
“Anatomy of an Effective Blog Post” by Michael Hyatt
“9 Ways to Become an Exceptional Guest Poster” by Darren Rowse
“Seven Steps to Getting Your Guest Posts Published” by Jeff Goins.
“7 Crucial Tactics for Writing a Radically Successful Guest Post” by Blog Tyrant (via CopyBlogger).
Your Post Should Be Useful
Our readers appreciate practical, actionable information that brings them significant benefits.
Be an expert – educate, teach and give strategies to help them step up their ed tech game.
- Have you stumbled upon a really cool ed tech tool that teachers can benefit from? Tell them all about it and how to use it!
- Have you noticed a common problem you know how to solve? Teach our readers a better way of working, or a way they can eliminate a frustration.
- Are there tips, tricks and tactics that have improved how you bring technology into the classroom?
Tell the audience and challenge them to try this new strategy.
- Be original and unique. Go through our archives to find what we haven’t covered yet – beat us to the punch!
More Do’s and Don’ts
- Please include a professional headshot (in .jpg or .png format) as well as an author bio with your guest post (not to exceed 500 characters).
Make it light and engaging.
- You may include a link or two in your post, so long as they’re relevant and add value to our readership.
- Be prepared to respond to comments on your post from our readership in a timely manner.
Engagement with our audience is a non-negotiable. (It’s good for us, but it’s great for you!)
- You may already have a great image to head up your guest post. Go ahead and send that to us, but we reserve the right to doctor it
(or not use it at all) if it doesn’t match your blog topic or the look and feel of CLIQ101.
- Your post must be original work that hasn’t been published elsewhere.
- Please credit all sources, assets and use common sense.
- Ensure that your post does not violate any copyright laws.
- Affiliate links are not permitted.
- Your post cannot be an advertisement for your product or the equivalent of a sponsored post.
- A guest post is a gift that you give away. If your article is accepted, you grant a license for CLIQ101 to be the exclusive publisher.
You may republish extracts – for example, on your own site – but the article in its entirety should not appear anywhere else.
- We may provide a short introduction or conclusion to your post to provide context or the rationale as to why we think the post is important. We will make sure that our comments are set off from yours stylistically, so that our readers are clear that these are ours and not yours.
- While your submission is being reviewed, your post may be edited for quality and clarity. Don’t be offended; this is normal and should be expected. You’ll have plenty of opportunity to approve our edits before publication.
- If your article is accepted, you consent to the full article, extracts, samples or examples appearing in other CLIQ101 products and/or services.
Don’t worry – we’ll credit you as the author.
Parental Permission to Publish Student Image/Likeness
Pursuant to law, CLIQ101 will not release any personally identifiable information of a minor without prior written consent from the parent or guardian. Please download this Parent/Guardian Consent Form and have one completed for each child under the age of 18 who may appear in photos or videos that are attached to your guest post. The form should be completed and signed in blue ink. Make a copy for the parent/guardian and yourself.
Please mail the original copy to:
Alex Jiménez, M.Ed.
55 Park Terrace East, Suite B54
New York, New York 10034
Failure to comply with this policy may result in your guest post never being published. Sorry, but we have to follow the law, you know?
Ready to Submit Your Guest Post?
What are you waiting for? Submit your post in Word .doc format as an attachment to an email to alex@CLIQ101.com. In your message, tell us a bit about yourself, and share a link to your site if you have one. We check and respond to all guest post submissions twice a month, so it might take up to two weeks before we get back to you. This doesn’t mean we have rejected your post though, and even in case of rejection, you should get an answer from us explaining the reason.
We can’t wait to work with you! Thank you again for your interest in adding your own unique spin to the CLIQ101 perspective.
We believe there is strength in numbers! ROCK ON ED TECHIES EVERYWHERE!